This is our second Thanksgiving here in Kansas, but our first one without any family here (My parents went to VA this year to see my brothers and their wives.) We had some families from church invite us over, but since we are busy packing like crazy so we can be out of our apartment on Monday, Tim and I decided to have a small Thanksgiving meal here at our apartment. We were able to have leftover turkey from the Thanksgiving meal we had at church on Sunday so that was nice. We had potatoes, greenbeans, rolls, and peach cobblers...nothing big, but it was still good! We were able to get a nap this morning during Megan's nap which was really nice as we were up late packing last night. It was nice just being home together as a family!
We truly have so much to be thankful for:
1. A Wonderful Saviour Who loves us with an unconditional love. A love that sent Him to the cross to bear our sins so that I could become a child of God. Amazing love, how can it be that thou my God should die for me!
2. A wonderful family. I am so thankful for a godly, loving husband. Tim is my best friend, he is so good to me! Megan is my little treasure! She is such a joy to Tim and I. I am so thankful for the Lord giving her to me!
3. Godly parents and grandparents. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with grandparents that pray for me and and are such an example to me. I am thankful for my parents who have raised me in a Christian home and taught me from God's Word at a young age. They have encouraged me so much to do God's will. It is such a blessing to be able to minister with them in our church!
4. Godly father and mother-in-law. I am so thankful for the influence they have had in Tim's life and how they raised him to be the wonderful husband he is today!
5. Answered prayers... Just a couple...Tim was able to transfer to day time job a couple of months ago. We had been praying for a job that would be in the day for a long time, and the Lord answered in His perfect timing. We also are going to be closing on a house this Monday in Rose Hill. We have been praying for a house to open up that we could move into so we could get into Rose Hill which is where the church is where we are serving. Again, the Lord answered in His perfect timing. (I struggle so much in the area of waiting on the Lord for His perfect timing, but I know the Lord is in control, and He will do what is best. This year has been a year for me of learning to wait on the Lord...but I sure have not mastered it yet.)
6. A wonderful church to serve in. Tim and I both love the ministry the Lord has given to us.
I could go on and on...The Lord is good and greatly to be praised!
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving...may we have a thankful heart no matter what the day is!
(These pictures are from Megan's birthday party...which she did not really eat her cake or want to get messy...Tim tried to smash her hand in the cake, but she just wanted us to clean it. Tim did put a 1 on her chest though! There are also FL pictures. We took a quick trip down there for Tim's sisters wedding. We enjoyed going to the beach for the wedding and seeing family! The last set of pictures of from today (Thanksgiving!)