Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Big Surprise!!!

I was going to give an update on February, but this has to come first. Last Friday Tim called me from his work and sounded all excited. I asked him if had had a great day. He said yes, but that he was excited b/c he was planning a surprise for me. I was so excited and asked many questions, but he gave me no hints. I forgot about it a couple of days because he told me it may be a couple of weeks.

Well, after church Sunday night, he told me he was getting advice on my surprise from my brothers. I asked him if they liked the idea and he said they thought I would love it. So my mind is curious again. He told me again you will find out in a couple of weeks.

Today, he asked me if he could leave before I had left to go to work and go and see if he could get my surprise. I said yeah, that would be fine. Of course I did not mind him being gone if he was getting my surprise. Well, he did get it and had the most wonderful set up when I got home from work tonight.

When I arrived at home tonight after work, there was a note on my door. Tim had written me a really sweet letter. He told me my surprise was in the office. I opened the office door, and I find my surprise......a PIANO!!!. He had bought me a Yanaha DGX-620 "Portable Grand" keyboard. It is so nice. On the piano he had already set up was a note by the power button stating please play me. He had the book opened to Before the Throne of God!!! I am so excited!!! When I talked to him after this, he told me he had gotten a end of the year bonus and used that (and a little more!) to buy me a piano!!!

I am so thankful for my husband's love and unselfishness to buy me something that I will enjoy for a long time. He knows I love playing the piano and thought of me before himself to spend his bonus on!!! Thanks Tim so much. I love you!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

what an awesome surprise. tim, i can't think of anything kristen would enjoy more than a piano. kristen, enjoy.
love,
mom varner

Kristin said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you; playing the piano is so relaxing. It looks nice. Enjoy!

Shannon Smith said...

Wow! What an awesome surprise! I'm sure you will get many years of use out of your new piano!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

What a great thing! I always forget that you can play, Kristen, for some reason. How wonderful! Oh, and thanks again for watching Godiva and our house for us. She looked as healthy and happy as the day we left! I'm sure you might have looked a little different with keeping up with her! =) Thanks! We really do appreciate you guys!

Karis said...

Good job, Tim! What a great surprise -- you did a good job keeping it a surprise too. As you have already figured out (I'm guessing), our family isn't huge into receiving gifts as far as feeling loved but something like this goes beyond the gift to the thought behind the gift. Good job "dwelling with understanding with your wife" (my paraphrase because my brain won't work).

T.J. and Shannon said...

Yeah for your new piano!! I'm so excited for you. What a great surprise!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melinda McMillen said...

Hey....congraties on he surprise....that's awesome!!

SO how are things in VA?? SC is going well so far. I miss everyone there but I'm making tons of friends here. I really REALLY love living in Greenville. If y'all come down this way any time, stop by and visit. OR you are more than welcome to stay with me! I have pleanty of room for visitors!

Tiffany Wagner said...

Wow, that's exciting news too! Though definitely not as exciting as your other announcement =)

Anneke said...

Kristen! I've been watching for this! :) Izaak told me the other night when he came home for dinner. I'm so excited for you guys! Being a Mommy is the best - you're going to LOVE it! :) Congratulations!