Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby Update!!

Just a quick baby update!!! I had another appointment today, and it went well. Tim and I got to hear the baby heartbeat again which is so exciting. Baby seems to be doing fine, and I doing good too!! We are very thankful for that. The greatest news is that we are going to be getting an ultrasound in 2 weeks. We thought that we would have to wait 4 weeks from today, but we only have to wait 2 weeks. We are so excited to hopefully be able to find out the baby sex then...if the baby cooperates. While the doctor was listening to the baby's heartbeat, the doctor said he thought it was a boy. I said, "For real!" He said, "That is what I think, but I am always wrong so you should start buying pink." I just laughed!! So who knows??? Just thought that this would be a fun time for all of you friends and family to take a guess on what sex you think the baby will be!!! Please leave your guess and why(Tim wants to know why)!!

One other cool thing is that Karis (my sister) is going to my next ultrasound!! Since they will be gone when the baby is born (to Africa!!), she is going to come with me to my doctor's appointment to see the baby!! I am so excited about that as well. I am sure that Karis and I will be a little more dramatic with each other during the ultrasound. Tim will be on the side enjoying it but probably also laughing at us!!! Also, I think I will brave it and show a belly picture in 2 weeks as well...That is my thought now, but it may change...It would be the half way mark so that may be a good time to start the belly pictures!!)

12 comments:

Laura D said...

Yeah! I am so glad everything is going well. I'm very hopeful you guys will still be in the area when the baby is born, but of course God's will is ALWAYS best. I think it will be a girl... my only reason is because you want a boy so bad and I think you guys would be great with a girl. How's that for reasoning Tim. = ) I'm sure she'd be a daddy's girl too!

mitchells2000 said...

I'm gonna side with the Dr. this time (for once... nurses and doctors don't always agree!) and say boy. Either way, I'm sure you'll LOVE it!

Bethany said...

Hmmmmm...boy or girl...I think maybe a boy would be a good addition - since there are already 2 nieces on Varner side and Tim's nephew needs a buddy!!!

Laura D said...

I've been thinking about my comment all afternoon. I hope it didn't come across bad. I know you said you wanted all boys. I also figured everyone would say a boy, but I think you'd be great with a girl too! Then the rest can be boys! = ) But either way I'm sure he/she will be a cutie!

Katie Barker said...

Oh I think belly pictures would be a very good idea! Yay! Um... I have no idea on the gender. How about a surprise twins? Two boys! oH and don't forget the pregnant picture. Those are impt.

Anonymous said...

When Debra was pregnant with our first child, I told her about the ancient Armstrong tradition which I had just started that said that the first child of a first born and male child (me) would be a son. Armstrong is a southern Scottish clan. Debra’s father’s family is from an Italian village that never heard of Scotland. Tim has two older sisters. So, maybe I heard the tradition wrong. The ancient tradition MAY have been that youngest son (Tim) would have a son first. (Sooner or later some ancient tradition has to kick in. It’s really embarrassing to see them go by the wayside, one after the other, like the one about all grandchildren hankering for chocolate - which can be unselfishly provided by their grandfathers.)

Dad A.

Unknown said...

Before I give place my vote, can you tell me what was the baby's heart rate? I usually base my prediction on the heartbeat. :-)

Unknown said...

a boy: because you would be an amazing mama to a boy and have the energy to keep up with him and the skills to teach him all about sports...etc...I can picture you asking him now what soso's number is who they play for etc. like you did with me when i was like 5!
Karen

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hmm . . . I'll say boy - since I thought the heartbeat thing was a joke, but it was correct for our Kate - so, I'll place my bet on that since that's what the doc said. Plus, the Varner side does need some boyage in the fam.

Either way, I'm excited for you all! Enjoy!

Amandaleann said...

I am going to stick to my theory: typically when having a girl, you are pretty sick & with a boy you are merely tired. If I am not mistaken, you said you had been sick. So I predict a girl.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a girl based simply on the family genes. Mom V. had a girl first and Mom A. had 2 girls before Tim. Then the oldest sisters (Karis & Diane) have both had 2 girls first. In my family it worked the same way. My mom had my sister first, and then my sister had 2 girls before her boys. So it seems like having a girl first seems to be in the genes.

The only kink I can see in my theory is that you're the second girl and you and Tim are both the 3rd children. I've got to say that I don't have a lot of data on that, so who knows - but I'm staying with girl.

Karis said...

After the first visit when you were told the heart rate, my thought was girl. I also think you're carrying like you're having a girl -- all over like I did (sorry if that's offensive and it could just be the way we carry no matter the gender but no worries -- you're doing great with exercising and weight gain).

Didn't the Chinese calendar predictor thing say boy, though?

Truthfully, I have no idea. I didn't have a good guess with either of my own pregnancies.

Either way, you're going to be SOOOO happy to find out the gender, be able to start calling the baby by name, and bond more than ever!