Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kansas Life

We have been in Kansas for about 3 weeks now. The first week was kind of a relaxing week as James and Laura were here on their vacation so we enjoyed being together with them as a family. My Grandpa and Grandma Riffel came and visited that first week, and we were able to visit the other side of the grandparents on their farm that same week. It was nice to see them as well as some of our uncles, aunts, and cousins. We were also able to enjoy a state fair here as well. (Enjoy the pictures below...Tim found out what Kansas was all about at the fair!!) A guy from our church gave us some tickets so we went with my parents and sister and her friend. We did enjoy our time there as we just walked around and took everything in...animals, rides, food, etc. We splurged and ate some fair junk food!!

These last two weeks have consisted of Tim applying for jobs daily online whatever is available, getting settled in at the church, studying his S.S. lessons, teen Bible study lessons, and AWANA lessons, a couple of interviews, and keeping me company...Some of you have asked about what we are doing here. We actually moved to Kansas to work here in the youth group at my parents church. It is a smaller youth group, but we have really enjoyed getting involved with them. It is a part time job so Tim has been looking for a full time job. He has two job possibilities right now as he has been able to set up a second interview with one of them and then is going back tomorrow for another interview at this second possible job. (Hopefully next week, we will have an answer on either job possibility, and he can begin working...when he does have a definite job, I will definitely post on that!)

Right now he is teaching teen S.S. (we are going through Romans.) We also have teen Bible study on Sunday nights after evening church so Sundays are very full for us. Then on Wednesday, he has been teaching in AWANA the 3rd-5th graders as well as the 6th -8th. He will only be doing this 1 month out of every three months though as he is on a rotation. He has stayed busy with church responsibilities. ( He has been reminding me frequently that when he gets a full time job, he is going to be super busy. I think he is getting me mentally prepared for this transition time for me not seeing him as much as I am used to.)

I on the other hand have had a lot of time on my hands. I am not used to not working and being home all day so that has been an adjustment. Of course this is what I am looking forward to...being home with the baby when she is born!!! I have enjoyed working with the teens along side of Tim though. I am also teaching Sparks this year and have enjoyed that as well. I am feeling well...praise the Lord!!! I have about 6 more weeks left until the due date so it is coming quickly. I had my first dr. appt. here a couple of days ago and really like my new doctor. I am so thankful for that. The dr. said the baby's head is down now so that was exciting news to hear!! Tim and I are going to some classes this week at the hospital to get prepared (if you can even be prepared for birth!). I just can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone.

We are still staying at my parents house until Tim gets a job. That has been going fine, but I can't wait until we get a house so I can get the baby room set up!! All of our boxes are in my parent's garage just waiting to be unpacked. We are so thankful though to be able to stay here as this has been such a help to us financially!! Dad and Mom have been so gracious to us to let us just barge in here and stay here indefinitely.


That is basically it for now...hopefully I will be posting soon on a job for Tim!!!

3 comments:

Karis said...

So excited for you as you transition into this new phase of life both with your ministry and your baby coming soon! We are praying for the job situation to be so obvious to you guys which one is "the one" that will fit in with your ministry opportunities. Tim is right -- he is going to be BUSY! But it will be good.

Give Baby Megan a "love pat" for me.

Unknown said...

We are so glad you and Tim are here helping us in the church. What a blessing! Tim, how many games of "horse" have you and Kristen played now?

Bethany said...

Hi Kristen -
I'm so glad to see a new blog from you to hear how you are doing! Thanks for the update. I have missed you so much! We need to get a phone call in soon!