Sunday, February 8, 2009

Growing every day

It is amazing that Megan seems to be growing every day and changing so much. Here are some changes that she has been experiencing in the last weeks/days.
1. She is starting to really enjoy playing with her toys. She loves anything that she can hold onto and put into her mouth. It is so much fun to watch her enjoy toys now!
2. She always wants to be standing or sitting up (unless she is extremely tired, but she has to be really tired)! Her muscles are getting strong. In fact, when she is in her car seat now, she is constantly trying to raise her head.
3. She is starting to walk...kind of. The other day, we were letting her stand up on the ground, and she started taking steps. it was so cute. The steps are slow, and obviously we are holding most of her weight.
4. She definitely giggles now! It is so cute to hear her laugh.
5. Of course, she is continuing to enjoy talking! One quick story on her talking and laughing. The other day, she was just going on and on making noises (talking) non-stop. I was of course smiling really big and interacting with her. I told her after a while, that she was not allowed to be a preacher because she was a girl. And she just laughed really loud. It was hilarious. I told her that statement again and she laughed. (Tim was sleeping, and he heard her laughing.) It was just so funny!
6. She is definitely slobbering a lot these days. (I am not sure if I enjoy this change!)

Okay, so I am sure you can all tell I am a first time parent, but I am loving it! Enjoy the pictures! (Also, enjoy the video...sorry there is no sound...it is from my camera, and no sounds came with the video on it???)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom A says Megan looks like Tim. I don't know . . . maybe knowing I'm looking at a girl colors my perception. But, I can say from long and multiple experiences that that's not slobber. You're getting a Bronx Cheer from your daughter. A raspberry. You should stop this behavior immediately. It’s disrespectful. Do the following: Take a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup. Put a dab on the tip of a finger. Rub the dabbed finger on the baby’s tongue right down the middle beginning about 1/3 from the tip. Megan’ll suck her tongue. A lot. She’ll smile. She’ll bounce in place. Rapidly. A lot. She’ll wear herself out, fall asleep and give you peace and quiet and no slobber for about an hour. It’s tough love, but it’s got to be done. Marilyn, are willing to step in and do this if necessary? I don't know if Tim has the stomach for it and Kristen isn't a big fan of chocolate. Someone has to spoil, er, discipline this child.

Dad A

Unknown said...

Well, it looks like I'm the designated spoiler, per Dad A's instructions! Such a hard job!!!! And don't I love it! Megan, you're cute even when you slobber. Great pictures, Kristen. Well, I'm off to buy some Hershey's chocolate syrup!

Tim and Kristen's Blog said...

The video of her is so cute!! It's so fun to watch them grow and learn new things every day! And it's so much fun that Megan and Micah are about the same age, so we can share stories!

Karis said...

I agree with Mom A that she looks so much like Tim -- a bald Tim in girl colors. :-)

She is just too precious and adorable! Kayla used bibs a lot because those could be changed out easier than clothes. Krista never spit up (maybe five times in her life) or slobbered so she didn't do the bib thing. Love the video too! That reminded me of Kayla at that age too.

And I'm so glad that you are loving being a mom. Enjoy every minute of it and post all the details you want. It will be busier if you have another one. It will bring other blessings from having two, but it truly is special just having one. So sweet that little one is. I would love to cuddle with her and give her lots of auntie kisses.