Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy to be Home with my Hubby!

Megan, my mom, and I all went to VA last week for a whole week. It was her spring break as a teacher so we decided to take a little vacation and visit our family there. We had a great time seeing my brothers and their wives as well as friends!

I was a little nervous about the plane ride with Megan, but she did wonderful (praise the Lord!) On the way out there, she slept the whole trip on the first flight. On the second one there was actually a empty sleep in between my mom and I wish was wonderful. She slept most of the time, and the rest of the time we just played. (No crying at all!!!) The only great memory she made on this one is having a blowout where I had to change her whole outfit. I am not sure if the people around us liked that but what do you do. On the way back, she did pretty much the same thing...sleeping most of the time. Although on the last flight home, she did cry a little bit (but only like 3 min. or so) There was a tiny baby behind us I think around 8 weeks or so, and she started out crying right away on the flight, and then Megan decided to join her. I was hoping that we were not going to have a duet of crying the whole trip. But they both stopped shortly after they started. The funny part about this flight was there were two ladies in front of us who did not seem to enjoy having Megan behind them. At every little noise they would look at each other. For instance, at one point, Megan started "talking", and they just looked at each other annoyed (I was really hoping Megan would just keep talking...isn't that aweful of me) Then the people next to us were making kissing sounds at Megan...again they gave each other the look...It made me laugh because here we were on a plane with a little baby, and she was being so good, not crying, just enjoying the ride (and not even being loud about it), but it still must have been annoying to them. Oh well, everyone else around us was nice!

N-way, we have so much fun in VA. James, Laura, John, and Bethany were so gracious in keeping us and feeding us and such. WE enjoyed playing games, talking, going to church, visiting my old school I taught at, playing volleyball, etc. It was so nice for me to see some old friends. Some of my friends were pregnant at the same time as me and I moved away before their babies were born. I was able to see them and their babies for the first time. It was great.

As much fun as it was to be in VA, I was more than ready to come home and see Tim again. Being gone a whole week seemed way too long to be away from him. I missed him so much, and I know he missed not being able to see Megan (and me too!). We were able to get back into the swing of things when we got home and back on a good schedule with Megan for the first few days back....but unfortunately, she has not been feeling well the last couple of days (I believe at first it was due to teething, but now I am not so sure as I am now not feeling well with a sore throat) Hopefully we will both be feeling better soon.

We are all doing well other than that. By the way, Megan is going to be 5 months on Saturday...she is growing up too fast. Also, one more thing, Megan is now making a kissing noise...it is the cutest thing. My mom and Karen gave her a kiss the other day, and she made a kissing noise after that. It is so cute to hear her make that noise! Enjoy the pictures!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics and glad you had a good time and got back in good order, but you owe it all to taking your Mother along. Megan, a grandchild of above average good looks and obviously superior intelligence knows never to make a trip a nightmare for a Grandmother. Grandmothers are the source of chocolate and other good things. A child as intelligent and farsighted as Megan would never spoil that.

Dad A

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am glad you were able to spend some time with your family and old friends. I know it was hard being away from Tim though! The pics are precious - Megan is just so cute!

Tim and Kristen's Blog said...

It was sooo good to see you guys again! I miss you and our play dates already! But I'm glad that you're able to be back home with Tim. I know it's hard being away from the hubby:) And that's too cute about the kissy noises!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

So sorry to have missed you! I was going to call and see if we could meet up, but it was too busy of a week for me to make a trip down to the southside. I'm glad you had fun. Let me know when you drop in again, I'd love to catch up and meet that sweet girl of yours! I had the plane ride looks as well with Kate and she proved them all wrong. Only to puff up my pride more! =) tee hee!

Karis said...

There is something missing in these pictures besides Tim (and Dad and Karen) -- me, Dan, and the girls! :-) Oh I would've loved to have been there for some family fun.