Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Note from Megan

These are just a few of my new favorite things. My mom taught me how to do the actions to Away in and Manger, and it is so much fun to do the actions. Actually, I make the action of rocking a baby and make a little noise (my mom thinks it is sometimes whiny) to get my mom and dad's attention to start singing it. It is fun to hear them sing it and see them do the actions. I always make sure everyone in the room is doing the actions and singing (including Nana and Papa). I think my mom thought it was really neat at first that I learned the actions, but she seems to get tired of me asking to sing it all day long especially when I am supposed to be eating.

Away in a Manger no crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head.
The stars in the sky look down where he lay (sorry it is blurry!)

The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.

Another one of my favorite things is the my kitchen and shopping cart dad and mom just bought me. They told me it was a late birthday gift since we finally got moved into our new house. I love playing with the kitchen and opening all the doors and playing with all the cups and pans. I also love putting my babies in the shopping cart and pushing it around the house. The first day I fell a few times, and mommy started telling me to go slow. I am now better at pushing it and do not fall down!

My Grandpa and Grandma Armstrong gave me this little rocking chair. It is my size so I am able to climb up on it all by myself without asking for help. I love rocking my babies in this chair and other toys as well!!
This last on is not one of my favorite things, but my mommy made me put this in here. And I am trying to learn to obey my parents. As you can see, my hair is getting longer and becoming crazy hair. So my mom decided to buy this thing that hurts me to put in my hair. I did not like it when she put this is my hair and was squirmy. I was just wanting to play, and she was not letting me, plus it hurt my head. I think my hair looks just find crazy and all!

Megan's first whale spout!!

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Adorable! Love the "Away in the Manger" pictures and the pony tail story. So cute.

kellyH said...

love the spout! cute away in a manger pics too!

Unknown said...

Such a cute post to read

Anonymous said...

Try pigtails. You can photo her running around and call them rocket exhausts.

Dad A

Karis said...

Megan, we love to sing Away in a Manger too! We didn't know you were big enough to do all that stuff. We agree that beauty has a cost to it -- ouch!

Lots of love from your cousins in Africa who want to come play with your kitchen and grocery cart and rocking chair!

We miss you.