Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EASTER

I am just now getting around to putting up some Easter pictures! April is a super busy month for us, but we know that at the end of the month, Tim parents are coming to visit. Tim is getting off 3-4 days for that so we know that we can relax at the end of the month!

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Easter is becoming my favorite holiday to celebrate! I love the Easter songs. I love focusing on what Christ did for me, an unworthy sinner dead in my sins, on the cross. (I need to make that a daily focus and not just an Easter time focus.) How I take my salvation for granted so often. I love celebrating His triumph over death! I just love Easter.

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

5 comments:

kellyH said...

nice pics! such a cute Easter dress she has too! I like the family pic in front of that gorgeous tree!

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til your mother sees that shirt & tie. Ask her about my pink shirt and purple/red paisley tie (a clip-on no less). At least I had a good excuse: I was wearing them in the early 70's. Did that cutie-pie, Megan, find all of the eggs?

Dad A

Unknown said...

Kristen, Such awesome pictures! Karen, good job picking out such a darling Easter dress! I so wish Kayla, Krista and Megan could have done their Easter egg hunting together! But at least I got to be in on both the Africa and US Easter egg hunts of my granddaughters!
Mom

Karis said...

Easter is my favorite holiday too! If it wasn't for what Easter represents...!

Love the pictures! Megan is oh so adorable, and I too loved the family pic. Miss you guys oh so much! Can hardly stand it but gotta' talk to myself of the eternal perspective.

Kayla prayed for Megan last night without being prompted. Love those times! She sure loves her cousins including "baby Megan" who isn't a baby anymore and "baby Chase" who is several months older than Krista. :-) Times change while we're away.

I missed the U.S. church celebration of Easter so much. Love all the singing in a language I know so naturally!

Tim and Kristen said...

Thanks for posting the pics! I love Megan's Easter dress! She looks so cute! And that's a great family pic, too! We sure miss you guys! We'll definitely have to meet up one of these days for Micah and Megan to have a play date:)