Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Karis



I wanted to give a shoutout to Karis as it is her birthday today. So...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARIS!!!!! (By the way Karis, this was Tim's idea. I had too much time on my hands today at school while my kids were working on their Stanford achievement tests, and this was his suggestion. So, I decided that this would be a good topic to blog on!!)




N-way, Karis is the greatest sister. I know that she was my 2nd mother and helped me out very much growing up. She has become one of my best friends. We have made many memories together. Let's stroll down some of them...telling me stories when we shared a room so I would probably get quiet and stop bugging her (I love those cabin stories!), always wanting to hang out with her and her friends at church (how annoying I was!), thrifts shops in Hiawatha, St. Joe, and of course here in VA (long elastic skirts!!), living with you and Dan a year, playing cards, singing, laughing, etc. The list could go and on. You have been a godly example. You have always been there for me to encourage and guide me in the right direction. I really appreciate you. I love you!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




4 comments:

S said...

thanks for telling the rest of us. i didn't realize her bday was today!

Karis said...

I was just thinking that you needed to update your blog, but I didn't expect it to be this way. :-) Oh, yes, the memories of sisterhood... lots of great memories (right, Chuckles?).

By the way, guys, Kayla loved the birthday e-card you sent me. We watched it several times yesterday.

Love you both!
Karis

Anonymous said...

Seeing the picture of the "sisters" is very special to this Mom! I love y'all so much. Karis, I hope you and Dan are having an awesome weekend -- I know Kristen will be having an awesome time with her niece! Kristen, good pick on your topic for the blog.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Tim that is a horible story!!!!!!
Korie