Friday, April 6, 2007

Weekend with Kayla

A couple of weekends ago I had the joy of watching Kayla!! Dan and Karis went to a marriage seminar in D.C. We stayed at John and Bethany's house for the weekend as one of my room mates was sick. On Friday night, I got to take her to the park where she loved the swing and slide. On Saturday, she got to spend a few hours with Uncle James while Tim and I had pre-marital counseling. Tim and I took her to Golden Corral, and we let her munch on Gummy Bears as we chowed down . We even gave her some ice cream. She definitely got spoiled this weekend. These special treats kept her behaving very well at Golden Corral so we also enjoyed our lunch. We also got to see the ducks that day as we took a walk. Sunday was church so I had the opportunity to try to do her hair. It was just a barrette so that was good. (I am not sure what I will do if I have girls of my own!) We took her to McDonalds for lunch and she got her chicky!! She slept great the whole weekend at night and with her naps. I think my whole family enjoyed having her here for the week. Hopefully we can do it again sometime!! Thanks Dan and Karis for letting us keep her!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auntie Kristen,

Thanks for taking such good care of me when Mommy and Daddy went away. I had lots of fun with you and Uncle Tim, Uncle John and Auntie Beth, and Uncle James! I can't wait to see you again this Sunday. I love you!

Karis said...

Thanks for giving us a weekend away, Kristen! I didn't worry a bit (not even about how her lion's mane hair might look for the weekend) because I knew she was in great hands with all of you there! By the way, she looks very cute in her Sunday dress -- you might have a hidden talent in fixing hair that you didn't know about.

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
Thanks so much for putting in the pictures! Kayla looks so grown up. I know y'all must have had a wonderful time. Family is special!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

So does laura become Aunt Larua too?

Unknown said...

What a cutie patootie!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Only my sister would put that in print...you are your father's daughter!....or your grandmother's grand-daughter!