Saturday, July 28, 2007

Due for another post!!

I think we are definitely due for another post...what about.....nothing but ramblings I guess. I will let you know what we have been up to I guess this week. Well, Tim and I are now addicted to 24. Probably not a good thing as it is so hard to be disciplined and not keep watching episode after episode. After each hour, it leaves you hanging as to what happens next. So I guess now as a married couple, we have our T.V. show (I wanted to be like Don and Katrina & Adam and Adrianne!!) We are done with Season 1 and are now starting on season 2.

I also went blueberry picking with Kristen Hill, Bethany Varner, and Amanda Lee this morning...early. I enjoyed going with the girls. I picked I guess around 1 1/2- 2 pounds I think. I am not quite sure what Tim and I will do with them although we were talking today how smoothies with blueberries sounded very good. Do any of you have suggestions for blueberries? We also stop at a fruit/vegetable stand where I bought Tim a couple of huge cucumbers. He loves them and eats them whole.

Tonight, I think we are starting a family tradition. I have been craving homemade pizza so tonight I made some hamburger pizza!!! (Mom, thanks for the crust recipe! & my family...do you remember mom's awesome homemade pizza she would make...yum, yum!!). It turned out good, and I told Tim I think I would love to have pizza every Saturday night, and he liked that idea so we'll see if that is what really happens. Sometimes I have so many "great" ideas, but they do not really last.


Other than that, Tim has been doing some reading for his summer school class and working. I have been trying to stay busy as he is at work every night. I have been hanging out with friends this week and have been swimming a couple of times. If I do not stay busy or hang with friends, the night gets long when he is gone. I love being married so much because every night he comes home to me...no more phone conversations until he is home and then a good night over the phone...now he comes home and it is wonderful!!!

4 comments:

Karis said...

That's neat that you went blueberry picking. I was going to take Kayla and go with Rich and Gail on Friday before camp, but I had too much to get done before we left on Saturday so I didn't try to fit it in. I love blueberries, though. They are really good on cold cereal like Special K or Chex or probably almost any other unsweetened cereal. They would be good in pancakes too. I was thinking of making Dan a blueberry pie because that's one of his favorite kinds if I had gone. I might go on Monday with Jalyn. Meredith is coming to visit her, and they are going together and said I could come if I wasn't too tired from just getting in from a busy week. Kayla loved picking raspberries and strawberries in Wisconsin so I know she would love picking blueberries...as long as they didn't care if she ate as she went along.

Look forward to seeing you next week. I'll get up with you on Monday to finalize the details. I haven't told Kayla yet about your invitation because she would be asking about it over and over. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad your pizza turned out well!Pizza on Saturday nights sounds like a good tradition! I'm proud of you for picking blueberries! Blueberry crisp is easier to make than the pie, although there is nothing like blueberry pie and ice cream!I'll email you my blueberry crisp recipe if you want it. We are getting excited to come see the home of Tim and Kristen Armstrong! Karen is looking forward to staying with you. I'm a little jealous of you getting Kayla next week, but I know I had my time! I'll never forget that wonderful time of having her with us! She is such a sweetheart, and so much fun! I know you'll thoroughly enjoy her! Dan and Karis, you are so sweet to share your precious little girl with your family! Keep up the good blogs, Kristen -- you don't know how much Robert and I look forward to new blogs from our kids!
Love, Mom

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Karis,

If you do not have time to go blueberry picking, I can bring you some blueberries for your blueberry pie!! I am sure I have enough for that. Let me know. I am sure that Kayla would enjoy picking blueberries. She will probably end up blue after picking them!! Don't forget the camara!!

Shannon Smith said...

Blueberry picking sounds like fun. Hope whatever you end up making turns out well!

I can agree with your thoughts on how nice it is to be able to have a husband come home to you at night instead of saying goodnight over the phone! I enjoyed that a lot when we were first married as well!