Friday, July 20, 2007

Praise the Lord!!

I have wonderful news. I finally found a job...at household in collections. This was the first place I put in my application for retail and was not accepted(a story in itself, but overall the Lord is sovereign in all things!). After that, I filled out a few other applications online and even received a few calls as well but nothing really panned out. A couple weeks after not being accepted by Household in retail, another position became available at Household in collections. After talking to a couple of people who worked there about trying again, I went ahead and tried. Yesterday was the 3 hour interview. I was there forever answering all kinds of questions and talking to three different managers. This morning they called me back to ask if I wanted the Tuesday-Saturday job and I accepted!!! I was so excited and the pressure of getting a job is off my back. Through this ordeal I was reminded frequently that even when things do not make sense in the human mind or I think I already have everything figured out...I must not lean on my own human understanding, but rather trust in the Lord to direct my path. His ways are higher than my ways and his thoughts than my thoughts. It has been neat for Tim and I to see the Lord answer our prayers in His OWN timing and in His OWN way!!!

6 comments:

Karis said...

I'm just now reading your last five posts. I have been so behind on the whole blogging thing.

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH that you have a job. Praise the Lord is right. We are very happy for you.

It was so good to see you last night. It was very special that you took the time to drive and see us even though you couldn't come for the whole day like we had originally talked about. Since you put Kayla down for bed last night, she called for you this morning when she woke up. I can't remember her ever calling for the "wrong" person -- wrong as in the person who put her to bed. It's so funny to me, but when Dan went in the room, she asked where you were. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kristen! Congrads about the job. I'm so excited that you have a job. I am starting to look for a job. Not the most fun process...but like to you said, God has His timing all figured out.

It is good to hear what is going on back in Virginia. We miss every one so it is nice to keep updated by your blogs.

Rebecca Townsend

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Yeah! That's great! We need to get together before you start! Give me a call!

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Congrats on the job, Kristen! I'm so glad it worked out for you. And your pictures were fun. Your apartment looks great - isn't it great to get free furniture??? :-)

Katie Barker said...

Good ol' HSBC! and no more teaching? What kind of hours will you have at HSBC?

Bethany said...

Glad you get to join us!!
When are you going to blog again???