Friday, August 3, 2007

Fun with Kayla!!

This week, my sister allowed our niece, Kayla, to come and visit us from Tues.-Fri. Kayla is almost 2 years old. We had so much fun with Kayla. She gave us plenty of laughs as she is such a talker and you never know what may come out of her mouth. We were able to play with play dough, color, play with stickers, use sidewalk chalk, play at the fun place at the mall, go swimming, see horses and goats, watch a movie (Numbers, Auntie, I want to watch Numbers. Those are her exact words!), sing all kinds of songs, etc. We stayed pretty busy when she was here. I am so thankful for the time I have gotten to spend with Kayla. I am so thankful that Tim enjoys having Kayla stay with us as well.

I have a story about him really quickly...I had put Kayla down for a nap and she was just a talking and laughing in the room for like 20 minutes. She was so funny to listen to. I asked Tim if he would go in and tell her to stop talking and take a nap. I warned him that she would probably have a great big smile on her face when he walked in(which is so cute)..so in he went. I heard him tell her stop talking and go to sleep. She kind of started crying, so Tim stuck his head right back in their and told her to stop and be quiet as well as put his finger up to his lips and said sh....she in return put her finger up to her lips and said "sh" as well. I did not hear another peep out of her. So the next day, I let him put her down for a nap after he read her a book, and guess what, she did not ask for me one time, but went to sleep right away!! When I put her down, she would always want to call me at least one time to tell me something.

N-way, she did very well at our house and can come back anytime!! Hopefully next time, Dan and Karis can join them and stay with us as well!!

6 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

How fun for you to be able to spend time with Kayla! Sounds like you all had a great time together.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys got to keep Kayla! Dan and Karis, you are so sweet to let your family keep Kayla. Kristen, the pictures were great! I think Auntie Kristen and Uncle Tim gave Kayla a wonderful time, and I know you enjoyed having her. We'll see y'all soon.
Love,
Mom

Don & Katrina Hines said...

You're such a great Auntie! I'm sure Tim doesn't mind too much since you can give Kayla back, where if it's your own, it's a little more permanent! =)

Becky said...

Hello Kristen! How excited I was to see your post on my blog! (I don't think I can even call mine a blog. I'm so terrible at posting! I just forget about it.) It looks like you are doing very well. And congratulations on your marriage! :-) How do you like teaching? I am sure that you are an excellent teacher--and that your kids adore you. Oh, how sometimes I wish I were an elementary school teacher! :-) (I don't know if you remember, but I'm always wishing my students would bring me apples--alas, college students don't usually do that.) I'm so glad to be in touch with you--to know where you are.

T.J. and Shannon said...

Very cute story! I'm so glad you get to spend time with you niece. I have one nephew and he lives in Michigan. I miss not being able to see him.
Cute pics of you two in your slide show.

Karis said...

Thanks for taking Kayla for a few days. We missed her, but we really enjoyed our time together. I had so much extra time that I was exercising twice a day -- is that insane or what?! And I got so many things done too in addition to spending time with Dan once we thought we had accomplished enough for the day. We were glad to get her back too, just like you were probably glad to have it back to just the two of you.