Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Crazy experience




Sometimes weird things just happen. Two weeks ago, Tim and I woke up and noticed our kitchen table was a little wet. He thought that it was due to my lunch box leaking. I did not think that was the case as I did not think anything was in there that could leak, but I just moved the lunch box and wiped up the spot. We went out and ran errands. When we got back, Tim realized more water was on the table. He was very quick to realize this time it was coming from the ceiling. Tim called our landlords who were here within 15-20 minutes. They told us the hot water heater would need to be turned off because it was leaking, and they would go up into the attic to start tearing away the insulation. Well, while they were up there, the water starting leaking really fast, and Tim suggested putting some more towels on the table which I promptly did. As I was placing them ever so neatly to avoid the water leaking to the floor, I heard the ceiling starting to crack. I jumped back from the table screaming just in time to see the ceiling falling through as well as all the nasty insulation, dirt, etc. I just started laughing. Meanwhile, the two men were up in the attic really concerned asking are you okay? Are you hurt>? I said no, I am fine, nothing hit me. I screamed because it scared me to see the ceiling falling in. N-way, Tim and I laughed about for a few minutes as it was funny to envision my jump back, scream and the ceiling caving in within a few second. I am sure the men were thankful that we laughed rather than getting angry. I am also thankful it did not fall on top of me as well. Tim and I were sure thankful that we were renting at this time of this problem as we do not have to pay for that. Otherwise we would be crying. The ceiling is still not totally fix. It is covered up though, and they have told us they will be back to fix the ceiling to where it will blend in with the rest of the ceiling.

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Wow! That would be a crazy experience. Glad nothing was permamently ruined. Think of the fun you'll have telling that story in the years to come! = )

mitchells2000 said...

Wow - that IS crazy! I remember in one of our apt. we had a hole that appeared in our bathroom ceiling, too. Only ours was from a squirrel that was scratching through. I saw his paw one day as I was using the bathroom, and promptly moved all of my stuff into the guest bathroom and used that bathroom from then on. I was afraid that he would make the hole so big he would fall through it when I was in the shower or some crazy thing like that! Our hole wasn't NEARLY as big as yours though, and thankfully nothing fell out of it! :-) Glad you were safe and that they were able to get it fixed!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I wish I could have been there to see it.It makes a pretty good story to tell!
Karen