Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Tim

Tim turned 31 on Sept. 28th (This is a few days late!).  It was definitely a different kind of day for all of us.  Megan and Emily had struggled with sickness that week, and the night leading into his birthday, Megan ended up in our bed.  She was coughing and coughing and just really struggling.  None of us slept well that night due to Megan's constant coughing, so at like 3:30 or so, I told Tim to just go sleep on the couch so he could actually sleep!  (So on his birthday, he slept on the couch...memories!).  That morning, he had to go to to a work training class until lunch.  After lunch, we all took short naps (as we were so tired from the long night before).  The girls and I made cherry cheese cake for him after naps (which we did not eat until 2 days later...just the way it worked).  That evening though, my mom came over to watch the girls so we could go out.  We were so thankful for her doing this as the girls weren't feeling the best.  We went to eat at Logan's Steakhouse!! So nice to have dinner together and just enjoy each other!  We made a quick trip to Walmart before heading home.  After the girls were in bed, we watched a movie (well, I fell asleep during the movie as I was exhausted, so I guess he more or less watched it by himself.).

So not a lot of excitement on his birthday, but still enjoyable for us to be able to celebrate with him.  I love my husband so much.  The girls adore him.  He is the best husband and father.  Hopefully next year, we will actually have pictures and have more memories other than sickness and tiredness...    

This is one picture I took of him enjoying his cherry cheese cake! 


No comments: