Friday, May 2, 2014

Christmas 2013


Christmas is always such a fun day to look forward to.  We had 3 very excited girls who were ready to celebrate Christmas.  We enjoyed going through an advent calendar with the girls as well as read books trying to focus on the birth of Jesus.  Of course, we enjoyed the some other fun activities that go along with Christmas.

My favorite memory of this Christmas is on Christmas morning, I found out I was pregnant.  The best Christmas gift ever-a little baby.  I will never forget this Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, we let the girls open up their pajamas!  The girls love their new pj's.  The funny part about this is that Anna's pajamas ended up being a 2t for the shirt and some how a 5T for the pants.  We made them fit and didn't even realize it until after she had worn them!

We have been decorating Christmas cookies since my first time visiting Tim's parents where they do it every year.  I wasn't sure we would fit it in this year as we were leaving the day after Christmas to head to Florida, and we had so much to do, but I made it happen. Just a fun memory!

Papa was a big help in rolling out the dough. Usually Tim is the dough roller, but he was still asleep as he had worked the night before.

Emily helping cut out the cookies.  

All the girls were very excited to help out.  I was thankful for all the help in my parents and Grandma as I may have gone crazy otherwise:)

Papa made each of the girls the letter of their first name!

Our Christmas dinner....chili.


Tim mixing up the icing.  I had made the icing early, but totally messed up on it and put in a wrong ingredient.  I could have just cried...but Tim came to the rescue.

The girls decorating the cookies. Grandma helping out Emily.

Papa was being silly wearing a headband.  He enjoyed helping Anna decorate a few cookies.

Megan loved putting on sprinkles:)

Very nice, Nana!

Best part is eating the cookies!

Justin and Karen

We ended the night reading the Christmas story and opening presents.  Such a fun day for us all.

No comments: