Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Birth of Timothy Robert

Timothy Robert Armstrong (names after his grandpas) was born Aug. 30th at 2:23. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 13 ounces and was 20 inches long!  Here is his birth story!

I arrived at the hospital at 7 am Saturday for an induction (Short story on that- I was wanting to have him in Aug. so my last 2 kids would be 2 school grades apart.  The dr. was willing to do this as I was just 4 days away from my due date.  I was also so ready to have him b/c I had been having a lot of false labor.  I had twice thought I would be going to the hospital only to have my contractions just stop. I had been told for a week an a half, he would come any day. In fact that Friday night, I had been having contractions throughout the night just not close together.)   N-ways, I was admitted and taken to our room.  My IV was hooked up, and I was asked many, many questions.

When I arrived, I was 5 cm dialated and 70% effaced and having contraction although inconsistent.  At 9:30, they started me on pitocin. Now on this particular day, the labor and delivery floor was very busy.  So  my nurse had to split her time between another lady and me.  Not a huge deal except she wasn't able to up my dosage of pitocin at the normal times she would have so the pitocin didn't do a whole lot.  By 10:30, I asked for an epidural.  I was still at a 5.  At 11:30, I asked if I could have my water broken thinking once that happened, the baby would come pretty fast.  They called my dr. who asked that I would wait for that as he was at another hospital delivering another baby.  He wanted to be at or near the hospital when my water was broken. So we waited and waited.  (I felt like being induced is a lot of waiting...but it was all good.  I had had my epidural and was comfortable. Tim and I were enjoying football as we waited on my dr!)  My dr. arrived about 1:30 and broke my water.  A little less than an hour later, I was ready to push.  I pushed through one contraction (3pushes) and Timothy came right out.

I am so thankful for such a smooth delivery.  This may rank up to the best delivery yet. (Although, Anna's was a really smooth one as well!).  Holding the baby the first was very emotional time for me as I was just so thankful and relieved to be holding him in my arms.  We are so blessed to have him in our family.  Here are a few pictures from the day of his birth and our stay in the hospital.

First time holding Timothy...you can see the tear on my cheek...Lots of emotions.

Praise the Lord for a healthy baby

Proud Daddy with his 1st son!

Not happy about getting weighed

Mommy and Timothy

The girls were so excited to meet Timothy and lined right up on the bed to hold him!

Anna held him first. 


I love Emily and Megan's face in this picture...so happy with little brother!
Kisses for Timothy 
Megan is a pro at holding babies...Such a great big sister to her siblings

The smile says it all!

Our family of 6!

Auntie KK was excited to come and hold her nephew.

Nana and her grandson-Big thanks to Nana (and KK as well for helping) for watching the girls while we were at the hospital.

The girls (with Auntie KK's help) made posters for baby brother.  So cute!

Papa and Timothy

Timothy was very bruised on his face from the quick delivery.  

So sweet

Enjoying the cuddles!


Father and son fast asleep!

My cousin Jeremy and his wife Vanessa were visiting with their son.  They were able to visit us as well.  We were so thankful to be able to see them and meet their little one too!

Auntie KK came up to be with me while Tim was at church on Sunday. Auntie KK loves her nephews and nieces!

Justin also came up to visit.  He brought me a blizzard from DQ!


He slept so well the first night. He didn't even cry that I can remember once we got to our room.  If he did cry, it was very short.  He would eat at night and go right back to sleep in his little crib.  We had a great first night!

Tim, Kristen, and Timothy...love this little guy!

Getting ready to go home
Last picture of us at the hospital.  (something was on my camera's lens.)

Wide awake and ready to leave

2 comments:

Sarah Robertson said...

Beautiful, Kristen! Congratulations on the birth of your son! August 30th is a great birthday...and it's our oldest son's birthday as well. :)

Marilyn Damianidis said...

Congratulations to the Armstrong family for the birth of your son, a wonderful and precious gift from God!!!! It is a joy and blessing to my heart to witness the grace of God in and through your lives!!! Praying that God will continue to bless your beautiful family as they grow in the love and admonition of the Lord, to be used mightily for the expansion of the gospel and the kingdom of God for His glory in the days ahead!!! Love and blessings to you all always!!!