Thursday, May 10, 2007

Quality Time with Kayla!!








I have been so lucky to be able to spend a lot of time with Kayla these last few weeks. Karis and Dan have been having French class on Thursdays so I usually get to babysit her!! I love it. We almost always do the same thing...go to the park (when she sees me she usually brings up the park!), play, and watch a movie. I also get to have cuddle time with Kayla which is my favorite. (The other night, she laid her head down on a pillow. All of a sudden she said, "Cuddles, Auntie, Cuddles". It was so cute!) We have also baked cookies together (although she did not quite understand that she would have to wait on the cookies to bake.) We have gone to the grocery store as well. I love every minute I get to spend with her as I know that one day she will be in Africa, and I will rarely get to see her. Unfortunately, Tim does not get to hang out with us because of work. Almost every time though, Kayla says Uncle Tim, and we call him. Usually she has to talk on his answering machine. I am going to leave some pictures of the different things we get to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristen, thank you so much for the awesome pictures! Kayla is so fortunate to have wonderful Aunties and Uncles who love her and love to be with her! Thanks for letting me talk to Kayla on the phone. Her vocabulary is definitely growing! I'm praying for you Kristen!
Love,
Mom

Karis said...

Mom's right. Kayla's aunties and uncles definitely enrich her life. Leaving family is definitely one of the hardest things to do as we go to Cameroon even knowing that God has called us to go.

Thanks for all the free babysitting you have done. We could never repay you for it.

Tiffany Wagner said...

Hello, Kristen Varner. I should have figured I'd find you in the blogging world! I am so excited for you and your upcoming marriage--congratulations! And the pictures with your niece are very cute! Wish my family was closer!!