Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I am still alive!

I have not blogged for over a month. That is horrible. I always check Google reader and read everyone else's blog, but then do not blog myself. I do not have a lot of good reasons because I have had pictures that I have been wanting to post for awhile....yes, that includes the wedding pictures. I guess my excuse is that Tim has had his computer at the church for about a month now as he has been working on a paper...I downloaded my wedding pictures on his computer a few days before he took it to the church. Now yes, I do have a computer, but it has been having issues such as my cord overheating and getting singed. So I had to buy another cord...no big deal...got it off of eBay at a good price. Well this next cord has decided to start doing the same thing and has gotten a little bit ruined. So...I now can only use my computer w/o the plug...which doesn't take long for the battery to run down. When it gets low, I turn off my computer and let it get cool again, so I can plug it in and get it recharged(thankfully the cord is not ruined yet!). I think that my fan on my computer is not working ( if it even has a fun, something is not working and it is overheating I guess...I do not know much about computers!) N-way, I figure I can use this computer like this as it does work, (although it is a pain), but at least it is not costing us money....that was my only excuse, but like I say, not a very good one.

I will update you on what is going on in our life now though. Tim has been extremely busy with work and school...After this week, it should hopefully slow down. I am on my last week of on the job training at HSBC. Work is going going okay. I am still learning a lot, but I am getting used to being on the phone talking to card holders. I am loving being able to be home and cook lunch for us to eat together and then heading off to work. The first three weeks, I work 9-6 and never really saw Tim nor cooked much at all, so working at nights now is great!!

Tim, James (brother), and I are going to make a trip to ABC this weekend to watch our little sister play in a volleyball game. We are excited to go see her and see the campus where she is attending college. I know she is pumped as well to have family come and see her. It will be an all day Saturday trip. I am going to get to see one of my old volleyball girls I coached last year as well as ABC is playing Piedmont and she is a freshman there this year so that is exciting for me as well.

Well, I will close for now. I will post pictures as soon as Tim brings home his computer. His computer is much better than mine and it will be quicker and easier.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen,
Thanks for the update! I know we talk on the phone a lot, but I always check all my children's blogs, and I'm glad you're back! I know y'all are very busy, and we are praying for each of you with all of your responsibilities -- whether it's school, work, family, or church responsibilities. We love you.
Love,
Mom

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hey, I want to go!!! I was going to be going to Elizabeth City like we did last year to see Megan play, but we had plans already! Tell her I said "Hello" and that I miss her godly influence on the team this year!!

Thanks for the catch-up. (I didn't have any horrible feelings towards you for not blogging, it happens! My goal is like twice a month, if that happens I am thrilled! Anything more than that my fans might get too high of expectations for the authors of the Hines Herald!!) =)

Katie Barker said...

Glad to hear you are still alive. I was wondering if you would return. Will be happy to see the new pictures as well. Have fun weekend.

Karis said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. The same thing happened to our old computer once where the computer was burning up the a/c adaptors. Fortunately, it was still under warranty so they fixed it for us. I don't know how much it would've cost if we had to pay for it... don't you hate it when things go bad right after the warranty runs out. That happened to us with our first computer we owned when we got married...

Wish we could go with you this weekend, but it's all good. Give Karen a hug for me!

T.J. and Shannon said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Computer problems are no fun. Have a great with your sister!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear what is going on in your life. I was thinking about you guys recently...I'm glad things are going well for you.

Miss Ya,

Rebecca